what is camu camu powder
Camu-Camu is a tropical fruit native to the Amazon rainforests. And like many fruits coming out of the famed Brazilian/Peruvian rainforests, camu-camu has many health benefits. Counted among the emerging super fruits, camu-camu is a deep red or purple fruit that resembles the all-important and healthful berries of the Amazon.
Camu-Camu or myrciaria dubia as it is scientifically known, is a bush tree that grows wild along the river banks of the Amazon. Camu-Camu is harvested for its health benefits for local consumption in South America, as well as for export to Japan.
Camu Camu Powder Benefits
1. Nutrients in Camu Camu promote mood balance
2. Vitamin C strengthens the immune system
3. Vitamin C is a key for normal adrenal function
4. Supports normal circulation and blood pressure
5. Vitamin C is a key heart and brain nutrient
6. Camu-camu is a powerful antioxidant
7. Camu-camu is effective during the cold and flu season
8. Camu-camu supports healthy red and white blood cell formation
Camu Camu Powder Side Effects
According to webmd.com “There isn’t enough information to know if camu camu is safe when used as a medicine”